As of 25 March, 2020
To all current and future members of Agent in a Box,
You are no doubt being barraged with information regarding the current situation with the virus outbreak. Recognising this, we would like to keep this brief, yet as informative as possible.
We hope you are all safe, well and adhering to health guidelines.
As far as the real estate market is concerned, yes, it will soften in the short term with some buyers retreating until their circumstances and confidence return.
However, we continue to take and pass on buyer and tenant enquiry. The market remains active.
As per the ‘recommendations’ of the Australian Government, you, as a property seller or landlord cannot, for the time being:
- Conduct Open for Inspections
- Conduct Auctions
One off/personal inspections with prospective buyers are allowable.
To help you engage buyers:
- Take the time to talk as much as you can via phone (preferably) or email to prospective buyers/tenants to determine their interest and motivation prior to making arrangements for them to inspect your property.
- Ask that prospective buyers/tenants attend personal inspections with no more than 3-4 persons in their group.
- Practice the distancing recommendations and avoid contact such as hand-shakes.
- Ask prospective buyers/tenants to keep touching of interior surfaces to a minimum or refrain. If they want to look in a cupboard, wardrobe or drawer, open it for them.
We are confident this event will pass sooner than later, and we remain confident the property market will return to ‘full speed ahead’ before you know it.
In the meantime, adhere to Government guidelines and practice patience, along with a good dose of common sense.
Please contact us if you have any questions. We are all in this together and look forward to this event passing so we can all get on with our lives.
Stay well and be well informed.